Whiten your teeth in the comfort of your home with powerful and long lasting results – You may see a change in as little as 2 weeks.
What is the teeth whitening procedure?
Your dentist will take impressions of your lower and upper teeth to be sent off to the dental laboratory to custom make your whitening trays. Within 1-2 weeks your trays will be ready to be picked up alongside the teeth whitening gel and easy to use whitening instructions. Your dentist will carefully explain how to use the trays and gel at home, as well as advising you on teeth whitening best practices and how long you will need to wear your trays for.
Is home teeth whitening really that easy?
Yes. The instructions we will give to you are:
- Take your teeth whitening kit out of the refrigerator
- Before placing the trays – Brush thoroughly with a tooth paste for sensitive teeth e.g. Sensodyne
- Use the syringe to place a small amount of tooth whitening gel in the compartments of the teeth being treated
- Fit the trays to your upper/lower jaw – Trays can be worn together or separately (whichever is the most comfortable/conveniant to you)
- Wipe away any excess gel from your gums that may have spilled over the top
- Wear for the duration (as indicated by your dentist)
- Remove trays and thoroughly brush teeth with your sensitive tooth paste
- Rinse trays under a cold tap (please note it must be cold water, as hot water can distort the trays)
- Gently use your tooth brush to clean any gel residue that may of been left over in the trays
- Store your home teeth whitening kit back in the refrigerator
Will home teeth whitening give me the results I want?
Yes. We have custom made the trays to exactly fit your measurements, which will hold the whitening gel in the optimum place for you, ensuring maximum results. The whitening gel given to you, will be of a higher concentration than over the counter gels, and will give you better results that last longer.
Home teeth whitening best practice
We recommend that during your home teeth whitening treatment, that you try and avoid any food or drinks that are known to cause discolouring and staining of your teeth.
- Alcohol (red wine in particular)
If possible, we would avoid these during your treatment, or limit yourself to not drinking these around the time you wear your trays (1-2 hours after) A good tip is to use a straw to drink any drinks as it will reduce the exposure to your teeth
Foods with strong colours e.g. Red (pasta tomato sauces) are an example of a food that are best to avoid during your treatment.
Cutting out certain food and drinks can be quite difficult, and we do understand that this will be easier said than done – However your teeth whitening results will be much more powerful if you can attempt to stick to these home whitening best practices.
What home teeth whitening systems do you offer?
We use the following home whitening systems:
- Polanight – Quick and long lasting whitening results!
- Enlighten – the technology leader in the field of home whitening
- Kor whitening – has been developed by an internationally renowned cosmetic dentist and bleaching expert