At Hereford Dental & Implant Clinic, we provide high quality treatments in a friendly environment. We are committed to continuing dental education and keeping abreast of the changes in modern dentistry. We encourage preventive techniques helping you to understand how to maintain the health of your mouth and keep it free of tooth decay and gum disease.
With this in mind, we offer the following essential services:
- Routine examinations with our dentists to check overall teeth and gum health and to check for signs of oral cancer
- Hygiene (Scale and Polish) appointments with our therapist
- Oral Hygiene Advice available for all ages
- A range of dental sundries available to purchase
- Digital Intra-Oral and Pan-oral X-ray facilities
These services are available as a package when you join our Affordable Dental Plan, meaning you can save money while maintaining your smile. We also offer treatments to help you achieve dental fitness, so you can enjoy a comfortable, pain free lifestyle.
Fillings can be used to repair damaged teeth or fill cavities within teeth, caused by trauma or a poor diet and insufficient oral hygiene routine. We offer metal and tooth coloured fillings and are happy to discuss with you the advantages of each.
Dental crowns are restorations that protect damaged, cracked or broken down teeth. A crown strengthens an existing, damaged tooth to preserve its functionality. Crowns are also known as caps because they sit over the existing tooth, covering it entirely. The range of materials available with which to crown a tooth include gold, bonded (which are metal with a porcelain shell), or a full porcelain (all-ceramic) crown.
Dental bridges are artificial teeth which are anchored onto neighbouring teeth in order to replace one or more missing teeth. There are three main types of dental bridges:
- Conventional fixed bridges. The most commonly used type of bridge essentially consists of a false tooth bonded to a crown on either side. The false tooth and crowns can be made of metal bonded to ceramic. This type of bridge is fixed and cannot be removed.
- Resin-bonded or Maryland bridges. These are chosen when the gap to be filled is in between front teeth or between teeth which are strong, healthy and without large fillings. The false tooth is fused to metal wings that are bonded to the adjacent teeth.
- Cantilever bridges. These are opted for in areas such as the front teeth that are susceptible to lower stress and are used when there are teeth present on only one side of the space.
When all of your teeth are missing, a complete denture can be used to replace them, whereas if only a few teeth need replacing, a partial denture is used. A partial denture can prevent your existing healthy teeth from shifting following tooth loss. Dentures are generally fabricated from acrylic resins and are custom made to fit properly. They can also be held in place by dental implants.
Root Canal Fillings
Where a tooth has become severely damaged or decay has invaded the root canal, the nerve and blood supply is also infected or damaged. This can lead to pain, swelling and possibly abscesses. By sterilising, shaping and filling the root area of the tooth and either sealing it with a filling or covering it with a crown, the tooth is protected from further infections and causes no more pain.
Our team have a wealth of experience in oral surgery and wisdom teeth extractions which can be performed under local anaesthetic only or in conjunction with intra-venous sedation for an anxiety free experience.
This treatment is offered to patients suffering from gum disease ranging from gingivitis, mild inflammation of gums, to periodontists, advanced gum disease with signs of bone loss. Treatment is carried out by our experienced team to stabilise the condition of the gums, leaving them healthy and free of disease.