What is Tooth Re-contouring?
Tooth re-contouring is a cosmetic dental treatment that is used to change the length, surface and shape of your teeth for a more desirable look. This is also known as tooth reshaping and tooth sculpting.
Why would I need to have my tooth/teeth re-contoured?
Tooth re-contouring can be used for a variety of different cosmetic reasons:
- Cracked or uneven teeth
- Fractured or chipped teeth
- Rough edges on the bottoms of your teeth
- Overlapping teeth
- Crooked teeth
- Pointy teeth
- Grooves or holes in teeth
What’s the Tooth Re-contouring procedure?
Tooth re-contouring procedures are relatively quick and can generally be completed in one visit (not including the initial free consultation)
- You will discuss your needs with the dentist
- X-rays will be taken to ascertain the strength of the bone, tissue and teeth being treated
- The dentist will use a variety of dental tools to file down the treated teeth to the agreed look and shape, giving the patient their perfect smile