Dental Implants Programme includes:
- Full consultation
- CT Scan (if required)
- Implant placement
- Intra-venous sedation (if required)
- Teeth whitening
- Final restoration
- Oral hygiene programme
- Follow up & maintenance programme
What is a CT scan?
A CT scan, short for Computer Tomography, is a 3D xray cone beam, which takes a picture of the patients jaw, clearly highlighting the bone volume, nerves, sinuses etc.
CT scans are an invaluable tool for dental implants, especially when used in conjunction with Simplant technology, allowing your Hereford dentist to re-create a 3D mock up of your jaw for pre-placement preparation.
How long does the CT scan take?
The actual CT scan is a very quick and pain free procedure, roughly taking around 5-10 minutes.
Depending on the availability of the CT department, the scan can either be arranged in the same week or sooner if possible.
Why would I need a CT scan?
CT scans are used to assess your jaw and to effectively plan your dental implant treatment accurately and safely .
The CT scan will allow the dentist to:
- Identify related structures e.g. sinuses, nerves and root tips
- Assess your bone volume and quality
- Using Simplant technology, the dentist will virtually place the implant in a 3D image of your jaw
What is the CT scan procedure?
The CT scan procedure is very quick, hassle-free and will be a pain-free procedure:
- The patients jaw will be scanned
- The scan will be exported to the dental surgery computer database, ready for the dentist to begin dental implant treatment preparation
How much does the CT scan cost?
CT scans start from £250 for a single jaw.