Dental Implants Programme includes:
- Full consultation
- CT scan (if required)
- Implant Placement
- Intra-venous sedation (if required)
- Teeth whitening
- Final restoration
- Oral hygiene programme
- Follow up & maintenance programme
An implant is a small device made of titanium metal, which is placed carefully into the jawbone to fully support the replacement tooth. It thus acts as a substitute tooth root, giving it much needed strength, and can also be used to support existing bridges or dentures to increase stability and reduce gum tissue irritation. Dental implants have many advantages: they are stronger and more durable than such alternatives as removable bridges and dentures, they offer a permanent, fixed solution to tooth loss, and may be used with other restorative procedures for maximum effectiveness.
Dental implants are one of the most natural ways to replace missing teeth. Studies have shown a five-year success rate of 95 percent for lower jaw implants and 90 percent for those in the upper jaw, many implants have been successfully completed by dental surgeons at our Hereford practice. Teeth are lost for a number of reasons and people who have lost teeth might feel too self-conscious to smile or talk. Additionally, biting irregularities caused by tooth loss can have a negative effect on eating habits, leading to secondary health problems.
Whatever the nature of the problem related to tooth loss, dental implants may provide a simple remedy with proven results. We do not want finance to be a barrier to a healthier smile so we offer interest free payment options on all treatments including dental implants at our Hereford Clinic. Please contact us for a free consultation.
The Treatment Technology Procedure….
- A thorough examination The first step of dental implant therapy is a discussion with your dentist, followed by a thorough dental examination. The jaw is x-rayed to check the condition of the bone tissue and to determine the placement of the dental implants. An impression is made of the jaw and existing teeth, forming an important platform for the treatment planning.
- Dental Implant Placement There are two options for dental implant placement, depending on your clinical situation. In a one-step procedure, the dental implants are placed and then temporary abutments are attached. In a two-step procedure, the dental implants are inserted and then covered by the gum and left to heal. The abutments are attached later. In both cases, a temporary prosthesis is put in place, followed by a healing period which will depend on your clinical situation.
- Attaching the abutments In a one step treatment, the temporary abutments are replaced by the permanent ones after the dental implants have bonded with the bone tissue. The second part of a two-step procedure involves making a minor incision to open the gum and put the abutments in place. When the new abutments are in place, a new impression is made.
- Fitting and re-examination When the crown, bridge or denture is ready, your dentist simply attaches it to the dental implants. This is usually followed by a few follow up visits to check functionality and esthetics. That’s all there is to it, and it is virtually impossible to see the difference between the existing teeth and the new teeth.
Lets be honest, embarking on a major course of dental work isn’t to be relished. But with the guys at Hereford Dental, the treatment was as stress free as possible. Having visited a number of dentists to assess and price the work, I noticed two key differences with Faresh and his team. The first is a total commitment to patient care – every step is taken to make your visits as comfortable as possible. Second, is the amount of time devoted to you. In the initial brief, Faresh took a lot of time to explain the treatment required. From then on, every session was conducted in a relaxed, unhurried environment with total professionalism. While I am leaving with a great set of pearly whites, I am astounded to say I will be missing the trips to the dentist. Faresh and his team are great professionals and great people. I can’t recommend them highly enough.
T.S. (x2 implants, x6 veneers)
- At Hereford Dental Clinic we take advantage of new technology to give you an even better service which is especially useful for more complex implant cases. We have introduced two new procedures recently for this reason:
- CT Scanning for Diagnosis We can arrange for CT scans to be performed during the diagnostic treatment planning stage to give a clear 3D picture of the jaw anatomy in a patient, invaluable where more than one implant is being placed or where bone levels are unclear from initial x-rays.
- Guided SurgeryThis form of ‘virtual dentistry’ enables dentists to diagnose and plan treatment schedules that start with the initial consultation stage right through to the actual procedure. Following a CT scan it is possible for the image to be converted to a highly realistic 3D representation of the patient’s jaw which can be explored from all angles. The dentist can also place ‘virtual’ implants which enable him to check the positioning and make adjustments if necessary.A digital implant placement model is created which will consist of precise measurements and positioning which is based upon an individual patient’s anatomical structure. This model is saved and then exported as an email attachment to a dental laboratory. The laboratory will then use this to produce a surgical guide for the actual implant procedure.A surgical guide is a solid template which fits over the patient’s teeth during the procedure. It contains a number of ‘guiding cylinders’ which correspond with the intended placement of the implants. For example, if you are having 5 implants then there will be 5 guiding cylinders. The exact position of these cylinders will have been determined by the measurements obtained from the 3D model.
We offer dental implants appointments in the following areas: Hereford, Tewkesbury, Monmouth, Malvern, Powys, Worcester or Gloucester.