Silver fillings were used for many years until fairly recently in dentistry. Nowadays dentists know that this type of filling can be dangerous and other substances are utilized by dentists in order to fill teeth with caries. However, there are many people who still have the old style fillings in their mouth and these can cause serious health problems in the future. For this reason you should visit a mercury free dentist Hereford to have the old fillings replaced.
Silver fillings, which are also known as amalgam fillings, can cause health problems. The reason for this is that they release mercury vapors into the body and this is a toxic substance, that is considered now one of the most dangerous non radioactive substances known to man.
There are around 100 health problems that mercury in your system can cause, among them are: auto immune diseases like fybromyalgia and multiple sclerosis, chronic fatigue syndrome, heart disease, anxiety and depression. These are potentially very dangerous health issues and should be prevented in any way possible.
Women should also be particularly careful with mercury fillings because they can also affect the health of any children that you may give birth to. Mercury levels in the mother have been linked in some studies to children developing learning problems and even autism.
Mercury poisoning can come with any number of symptoms, but some of them may include: dizziness, irritability, diarrhea, mental disturbances, colitis, irregular pulse and heart beat, tremor, gingivitis and many others. Since there is such a long list of possible symptoms it is really best to prevent the problem from occurring by replacing fillings, rather than waiting to see what happens.
There is not considered to be any safe period when you have mercury fillings. As soon as they are placed in your mouth they can begin releasing the mercury vapors. It depends on each person’s physiology how long it takes for them to start causing health problems. Each silver filling has a high amount of mercury included: normally between 40 and 50 per cent. These fillings are not safe and now that people understand how toxic they are, they should be removed as soon as possible from the patient’s mouth and replaced with more modern methods.
Looking after your health is one of the most important things that you can do. So if you have silver fillings, then you should visit a mercury free dentist Hereford in order to seek their advice about how to protect your health.